7 Post-Workout CBD Products to Try
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of the 85 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in hemp, marijuana, and other plants in the cannabis family. In terms of cannabinoids, most people are familiar with tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. Where THC is mainly known for its psychoactive effects and creating the characteristic high associated with cannabis, CBD creates physiological effects, most prominently a state of physical calm and relaxation.
When CBD enters your system, it binds to certain receptors found throughout your brain and immune system, including receptors involved in pain management. CBD has recently become a popular addition to a wide range of therapeutic health products, including post-workout supplements. The compound can potentially provide several post-workout benefits, including:
- Reduced pain, a common result of hard training
- Reduced inflammation in joints and muscles, which promotes faster recovery and healing
- Improved sleep, an important element of post-workout recovery and general health
CBD also shows some anti-catabolic properties, meaning that it can combat the effects of cortisol and other catabolic hormones to slow the breakdown of muscle mass and promote greater muscle growth. If you are looking for a solution to insomnia then you can try CBD night capsules for sleep which shows quite promising results. Let’s take a closer look at some post-workout CBD products and supplements that you may want to add to your routine.
Herbal Renewals Hemp Oil Paste
Herbal Renewals Hemp Oil Paste comes in three different labels: blue, gold, and green. All three forms of Herbal Renewals Hemp Oil Past offer the purest CBD content currently available on the market. The blue label features a lower concentration of pure CBD and milder taste than the gold label, making it ideal if you’re just starting out with CBD products or otherwise more sensitive to CBD. However, the lower concentration of CBD means slightly slower absorption. The green label comprises raw, unheated hemp oil that contains high concentrations of both CBD and CBDa, the acidic form of CBD.
If you have had a particularly rough day at the gym, the high CBD concentration in Herbal Renewals Hemp Oil Paste can promote increased calm and relaxation, allowing for better sleep, while reducing soreness and stress, all of which equates to more efficient recovery. The hemp oil paste can be taken orally, and it is compatible with any wax vaporizer pens.
Made by Hemp: CBD Salve for Joints and Muscles
Joint and muscle pains after a workout can be a big problem. Aside from keeping you from getting in more workouts in your home gym, muscle soreness can make everyday activities feel harder than they should, from carrying groceries to heading to work.
Made by Hemp’s CBD salve for joints and muscles is a topical solution for all forms of joint and muscle pain, from chronic, everyday aches to post-workout muscle soreness. Topical treatments are beneficial if you are suffering from localized pain, like muscle pain or inflammation. Topical CBD solutions tend to work faster as they don’t need to go through your digestive system.
Each container of Made by Hemp’s CBD salve has about 100 milligrams of CBD combined with various essential oils, including lavender, rosemary, peppermint, and sweet almond, all of which offer extra therapeutic benefits and aromatics. The salve also contains olive oil, sweet almond oil, and beeswax for easy application.
Applying this topical solution can help to soothe stiff joints and sore muscles, ensuring that they won’t keep you from getting through your day. As CBD is not a psychoactive, you can increase the amount that you apply as necessary without having to worry about any potential negative effects.
BioCBD+ Premium CBD Topical Oil
BioCBD+ Premium CBD Topical Oil is formulated for muscle and joint relief while simultaneously moisturizing and protecting your skin. Along with CBD, this topical oil contains several other natural ingredients, including:
- Curcumin – Mainly found in turmeric, curcumin is a phytochemical pigment that provides many plants with a vibrant yellow color. Studies show that curcumin is a powerful antioxidant that can also help to relieve inflammation and promote skin health.
- Eucalyptus extract – A large evergreen tree native to Australia, eucalyptus has numerous uses, including treatment for colds and asthma. Eucalyptus has also been shown to act as an effective antimicrobial and antiseptic, allowing for effective wound healing and natural pain-relieving qualities.
- White willow bark – Willow bark, in general, has commonly been used as a potent pain reliever, acting similarly to aspirin. Willow bark has also been used in relieving fevers and treating colds and flus.
- Ginger – Although ginger is commonly known as a spice and digestive aid, studies show that it possesses potent anti-inflammatory qualities and may help to ease muscle soreness.
BioCBD+ topical oil is instructed to be used twice a day and rubbed gently into your skin, allowing for complete absorption of the CBD and other natural ingredients.
Mary’s Nutritionals Cannabis Patch
Another option for post-workout joint and muscle soreness, Mary’s Nutritionals Cannabis Patches offer the soothing effects of CBD over a longer period of time. Each patch contains 10 milligrams of hemp oil extract that is released over the course of eight to twelve hours. This allows for a more controlled, targeted application compared to other topical forms of CBD. These patches are best if you’re not sure how much CBD you actually need or need a steady dose of CBD throughout the day. The patches are free of latex and feature a hypoallergenic foam backer to prevent potential allergic reactions. Each patch is made with a pharmaceutical-grade adhesive, ensuring that the patch stays on your skin without any slippage.
The hemp oil in each patch is carefully extracted from organic industrial hemp cannabis plants, ensuring the highest quality of concentrated hemp oil and CBD on the market. The usability, effectiveness, and discreet application make it an ideal and innovative means of soothing sore muscles and aching and preventing potential overuse injuries during your workouts.
Mary’s Nutritionals Muscle Freeze
Mary’s Nutrionals Muscle Freeze is a soothing CBD lotion that helps to moisturize your skin while also providing a unique cooling effect (hence the name) to ease tired, achy joints and muscles. Each container is infused with 75 milligrams of CBD combined with a variety of natural plant extracts, organic ingredients, and essential vitamins. The result is a muscle rub that keeps your skin healthy while promoting muscle recovery after a workout.
When you experience any pain or discomfort in your muscles or joints, gently rub Muscle Freeze onto the affected area. Increase the amount as necessary until you get the desired effect.
Elixinol Hemp Oil Liposomes
The key to this product is the liposomes. In its natural state, hemp oil is fairly dense, which inevitably means that it has trouble passing into your cells, leading to a slower absorption rate. Most products offset this by increasing the dosage. Elixinol bypasses this altogether by pre-dissolving their hemp oil and inserting it into liposomes, which essentially comprise sacs of phospholipids enclosed in water droplets. Liposomes are much easier to absorb, allowing for more efficient delivery of CBD into your system.
Elixinol’s Hemp Oil Liposomes come in spray pump bottle. Five pumps added to water or sprayed under the tongue twice a day offer about 5 milligrams of CBD. The quick absorption allows for quicker relaxation and calm.
Canna4 CBD Post-Workout Capsules
Where some post-workout supplements put CBD front and center, many include the cannabinoid into other formulas, allowing for complementary benefits. Canna4’s CBD post-workout capsules combine 30 milligrams of CBD per serving with a formulation of compounds that is designed for muscle growth and recovery. Each capsule includes:
- L-Arginine – L-arginine is a conditionally essential amino acid that is often prized for increasing nitric oxide activity and production. Nitric oxide is a signaling molecule that plays a significant role in increasing blood flow, improving immune responses, and reducing inflammation.
- Creatine – Creatine is one of the most popular ingredients in exercise supplements. It is known for increasing energy during physical activities and contributing to increases in strength and muscle formation.
- BCAAs – Branched chain amino acids refer to a group of three amino acids: isoleucine, leucine, and valine. These amino acids can help to promote the synthesis of muscle proteins and increasing muscle growth over time. Supplementing with BCAAs can help to prevent fatigue during workouts from a decline in existing BCAAs in your system.
- MCT Powder – MCTs (medium-chained triglycerides) are a type of saturated fat naturally found in dairy, coconut oil, and palm kernel oil. Studies suggest that MCTs may increase metabolic rate and promote fat loss.
Combined with CBD, these compounds allow for improved recovery after a workout while providing your muscles with resources for optimal repair and growth. If you need an on-the-go solution, then you can opt for CBD shots. They are the perfect product for those seeking the benefits of CBD in a drinkable format.
What you do after your workout is just as important (if not more so) than what you do during your workout. How you treat yourself post-workout determines how you heal, grow, and improve. Adding CBD oil in any supplement or form can go a long way to relaxing your body and giving your muscles the rest they need. On top of CBD, make sure you still get plenty of sleep, eat a balanced diet, and drink plenty of water to fuel your body for your next workout.