The Professional Master’s Degree Strength Training for Sports Performance of TECH trains experts capable of designing a strength-based training routine to improve an athlete’s speed.
Normally, strength training is associated with weight lifting in the gym, and speed exercises help develop the explosive response capacity of the body by enhancing the speed of movement, however, it is not so common to associate them as complementary, but there are several types of strength training that can help develop it and the Professional Master’s Degree Strength Training for Sports Performance offers a guide to each of them depending on the desired purpose:
- Maximum Strength Training: This one improves relative strength, which is an athlete’s base strength, and is performed in the off-season or early in the season. During the preseason, it is used as the first phase of strength training.
- Exercises: Back squat, front squat, deadlift, Nordic curls, and hamstring push-ups.
- Explosive Strength Training: Athletes can increase their energy production by performing explosive movements with heavy weights during this stage, which requires keeping a constant rate of acceleration until the point of release or take-off due to the higher degree of muscle activation, concentric velocity, strength, and power involved.
- Exercises: Squat jump, box jump, standing long jump, power clean exercise or snatch.
- Reactive strength training: This type of training focuses on movements and exercises that are more like sprinting, the goal here is to touch the ground for as little time as possible, while applying the greatest amount of force in the shortest period possible. The idea is to try to replicate the characteristics of the movement pattern and force-speed of sprinting using objects as training aids.
- Exercises: Ankle exercises, bouncing hurdle jumps, bunny hops, sled sprinting, bounding sprinting.
In summary, combining strength training with power training, such as Olympic lifts or bodyweight exercises is an effective way to improve athletic performance.
Also, these strength training exercises can be added to a comprehensive plan that will be helpful to run fast and in which there should be plyometric and stability exercises, running technique, and cross-training sessions.
Professional Master’s Degree Strength Training for Sports Performance
TECH Technological University designed this master’s degree to train experts in implementing and properly guiding about strength training to improve performance, from how it affects speed, endurance and competitive sports, to acceleration, change of direction of athletes because it has gained momentum in the scientific community, spanning multiple contexts, from time-based individual sports performance to competitive team sports, across the full range of sporting disciplines.
In this way, this program addresses the vital importance of strength in human performance in all its forms, with a unique level of theoretical knowledge and a level of practical training different from traditional and knowledge teaching in this field with the most modern teaching system.
The content structure is focused on exercise physiology and physical activity, strength training to improve speed, strength training to enhance movement skills, assessing sports performance in strength training, complex dynamic systems paradigm, situational sports, prescription and programming of strength training, long duration sports, training methods, theory, and basis for structural training.
The Professional Master’s Degree Strength Training for Sports Performance of TECH is developed entirely online. During the 12 months of training, the student has access to the program’s contents at any time and from any device, allowing them to self-manage the study time with maximum flexibility and adapt to each student’s schedule.
It has its own learning method, ‘Re-Learning’, based on asynchrony and self-management. The contents are presented in an attractive and dynamic way in multimedia capsules that include audio, videos, images, diagrams, and conceptual maps to corroborate knowledge.
TECH Technological University
TECH Technological University, the world’s largest university, is also the official online university of the NBA (National Basketball Association) in Latin America. It belongs to the TECH educational group, a Spanish-owned multinational recognized by the Financial Times as one of the 200 fastest-growing companies in Europe.
The company, founded and directed by Manuel Sánchez-Cascado de Fuentes, has also been considered the most highly valued Spanish technology company in the last 15 years.
Thanks to its fully digital learning system, it supplies training to students from anywhere in the world. An international trajectory has allowed it to become a benchmark in distance learning, with a catalogue of over 10,000 programs, over 100,000 new students each year, and 500,000 graduates from over 150 countries.
Specialized highly qualified postgraduate programs, they offer their students the best training programs at an international level, being leaders in employability with 99% of their students working in the first twelve months, according to data from the consulting firm KPMG.